Menstrual Cup Review


Why did I choose to buy and switch to a menstrual cup? One of the reasons is I hate the feeling! I feel like my movements are limited whenever I have my period. It's uncomfortable to sleep, to exercise, and to go out since I worry about whether I'd get a stain or if my napkin is already full, etc. Another reason is I want to reduce the wastes that I produce as much as I can because mother earth needs our help right now.

So last month I bought a menstrual cup from Sinaya Cup. The cup comes with a pouch for storing. I ordered on a Tuesday and the parcel arrived on a Friday. It was perfect timing because my period came the same day the cup arrived so I was able to try it immediately. I didn't know much about how to use a menstrual cup so I watched some videos first and I read the user guide written inside the packaging of the cup.

Before using the cup you need to sterilize it. It says in the guide to clean it by boiling it in water for 10-15 minutes. I didn't strictly follow the guide though. I just let the water boil then I turned off the heat and left the cup for 7 minutes or so. I showered then inserted the cup (I don't remember what fold I did the first time but I think it was C-Fold). I'd say it was a bit uncomfortable when I sit because the stem was too long that it touches my inner labia. Since it was kind of late and I was sleepy already that time, I didn't cut the stem. It's not that uncomfortable so I was able to tolerate it. So the next day, I cut the stem around .5mm then I inserted it again. I still felt it touching my inner labia so I put it out then cut it again. I think I cut the stem thrice until I didn't feel the stem touching my inner labia anymore.

After my second day, I could say that I was satisfied. I was able to swim and exercise without feeling uncomfortable. By the way, I didn't wear a panty liner because there's no leaking. The secret is to insert the cup properly to avoid leaking. Your first time would definitely be difficult because you will be testing which fold and position are better and how long should the stem be. Just be patient because after that you'd get used to it.

It's now April and I already had my period for this month and again, I didn't have any problems using the cup. I highly recommend using a cup because it helped me do activities without worrying. I honestly said to myself that this is one of the greatest inventions ever. If before I didn't look forward to having my menstruation, now I actually look forward to it because it kind of makes me excited to be carefree during my period. 😊

Here are some tips and things to remember:
  1. Learning is key. Read some blogs or watch videos so you can visualize how to insert your cup.
  2. Use a mild and fragrance-free soap. It's said that it can make your cup last long.
  3.  Wash your hands before and after.
  4. Try a position that is comfortable for you so that it would be easy for you to insert the cup. What worked for me is squatting and sort of making my right leg about to kneel (not really touching the floor). Also, just relax because it will be easier to insert the cup if you are.
  5. When you finally inserted the cup, touch around the base of the cup using your finger to check if it has fully opened. Try moving your body to make it pop or you can also tug the cup to check if there's a successful suction. 
  6. The cup is good for 12 hours.
  7. To remove the cup, pull it by holding it through its stem. Try to pinch the base to make sure the seal is released then pull the cup slowly all the way out. Hold it upright to avoid spillage.

That's all! I hope I was able to help you decide whether to use a cup or not and I hope my explanations are clear. Hehe! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for reading! 😁


*edit
I made a video about this 👇



Comments

Popular Posts