Only Yesterday

I was looking for a movie that can improve my mood or just something that can make me reminisce. I love reminiscing even though it always makes me sad. 😂 I just want to get out of the real world and think of something else so I chose a Ghibli movie. Ghibli movies are so unique and fascinating. I didn't know what this movie was about but from the title, I knew that it's about something that seemed like it was only yesterday.

In the middle of the movie I kind of thought that Taeko (the main character) was me because I'm sometimes like her, suddenly reminiscing about my past and thinking deep thoughts. I also love nature and if I'm given a chance to live in the countryside and do what the locals do, I would gladly try them. I badly want to go to Japan because of this movie. 😞 

At the end of the movie when Taeko was about to leave the town (by train) and the credits start appearing, I thought the movie was over but it wasn't. It's an unexpected twist when her 10-year-old self and her classmates appeared in the train (like she's imagining them). I don't know why but that made me cry. Haha As in ugly cry. Her young self made her realize that she actually wants to go back and stay (so she went back and stayed). It was just so heartwarming. I cried until Taeko met Toshio and they walked. *Sigh You should watch it! Tell me what you think. :) 

This is my current favorite movie. 😊 

Work online. Choose your schedule. Be a RareJob online English tutor. Apply now!

Comments

Popular Posts